Saturday, July 16, 2011

I am thinking about joining the Navy reserve.?

I am thinking about joining the navy reserve. I am 29 years old and a recent colloge graduate. I already went through the preliminary process and they are just waiting for me to take my ASVAB. I am also a certified teacher however you know how thats goin now. Any wayz I always wanted to be something bigger than myself and had a desire to serve. Plus I dont want to be sitting around doing the summer not being productive. Can some one tell me the risk and rewards of being in the Navy reserve as well as active duty. I want the reserve so I can still hold a civilian job. How often could I expect deployment? Because if I can expect to be deployed often then what is the point of doing reserves. I might as well do active duty in that case. Any how I appreciate your answers. Also the recruiter told me I would come in as an E3 because I have a degree and not an officer because there not looking for officers with my degree currently. (My degree is in history) Ne wayz he told me I would be able to put my officer package in when I get in. How does that work? I would appreciate your honest opinions. Feel free to put your self in my shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment