Monday, July 18, 2011

I have a question about a interference with official acts citation I recieved.?

I'm a motel mgr. and one of my long term occupants was beaten up by her boyfriend. She called the cops. The police arrived when I was walking the lot making my rounds after closing. The first officer that arrived asked who I was. I told him "I'm the manager" he said "Go back to your office". I said, " I have to make my rounds first". He didn't reply with any kind of answer and i walked on. I stayed 48 feet from the so called scene. Which was inside the room with the door closed. The officers were knocking on the door trying to get the perp to open the door. They asked the victim for her key, she said I don't have it. One of the officers said, I will go to the office to see if the mgr. has a key, the officer who I spoke to originally said "the mgr. is down there"pointing in my direction. He then yelled down to me and asked if I had my keys on me. I said yes i do. He sent the other officer to get them. I showed him wich key it was and explained how to open the door. He brought the keys back to me. A minute later the first officer yelled down to me again, "do you have a deadbolt key on your keys by any chance?" I said yes I do, do you need it? He sent the other officer down again to get them from me. I showed him wich key it was and in the middle of explaining to the officer that he was going to have to unlock the other lock again because they automaticlly lock, mind you, the officer was standing next to me the whole time i'm showing him the keys, the other officer yells at me to get away from the crime scene. I didnt know who he was yelling at until I looked up and seen him looking at me, I said "What? he said, I'm not going to tell you again, or you will be under arrest for interference with official acts. I replied " I'm giving him the keys you requested" he then said "thats it, and walked over to me and put my hands behind my back and told me I was under arrest for interference with official acts. I said I didn't do anything, I was giving him the keys u asked for. He said "I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about the first time I told you to go to your office". "I don't need your keys, i was just being nice asking for them, I can kick the door in if I want"! He handcuffed me and sat me down closer to the scene. Afterwards, he took the handcuffs off of me and wrote me a citation. I have witnesses to the whole incident. I have taken written statements from any and all witnesses. I went to the preliminary hearing and plead not guilty, because I dont think I am. If he was going to arrest me then why didn't he do it when I told him I had to make my rounds, why didn't he say " thats it, your under arrest at that moment"? My other question is this,- On my ticket he wrote my address down as the victims address. He asked me what unit was the Mgr.'s unit, I told him #6, he wrote down on my ticket that I lived in unit #28-the victims unit. Can this citation/tickey be dismissed or thrown out? Because he wrote down the wrong unit that I live in?

No comments:

Post a Comment